Thursday, January 31, 2013

Meet the RAs! - John DeJaynes

SIU Residence Life has some outstanding Resident Assistants, and we want to show our appreciation by featuring them on our blog. We also hope people who are considering applying for the RA position will take a minute to check out the people who could be their future co-workers! Look for new RA profiles to be posted regularly as we continue this feature!




1. What's your name? John Jacob DeJaynes
2. Where are you from? I am from a small town called Abingdon. It only has about 3,000 people in the town and there is next to no diversity.
3. What's your major? I am currently a Psychology Major hoping to get an emphasis in grad. school on the abnormal and psychopathology fields.
4. What is your favorite dining hall food? I. LOVE. BUFFALO WINGS.
5. Where is your favorite place to go off-campus? That is definitely a big toss up between Panera and Applebee's.
6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? In 10 years, I hope that I have some kind of research job full time, whether it be helping kids or adults. I hope to be settled down with my girlfriend in a nice apartment/house and have a steady life on my shoulders.
7. What do you like about being an RA? Other than the financial advantage, I feel like being an RA is helping me with my future degree in Psychology. My future career will deal a lot with people and this job helps me prepare myself for various situations.
8. Favorite quote? “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.” ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
9. Best study spot on campus? In my room, with my TV and all electronics turned off.
10. How else are you involved at SIU (besides being an RA)? At the moment I am not really involved with SIU. I am hoping to get into various research labs and even attend PsiChi this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment