Monday, September 30, 2013

Student Leader Profile: Alexis Mendez

SIU Residence Life has some great things going on, and we want to showcase some of our proud moments on our blog. We also hope people considering working in RA, graduate assistant, or full-time positions with our department will take a minute to learn more about the things we are doing. More information about our department, including position descriptions, application information, and graduate and full-time staff profiles can be found on our recruitment website.

We have some fantastic student leaders in University Housing, and we like to feature them on our blog. Today's post features Alexis Mendez. Alexis is the House President for Flora B, located on the 9th floor of Schneider Hall.


What is your name? Alexis Mendez

Where are you from? Crete, Illinois

What is your major? Psychology Major

What is your favorite dining hall food? Salad is my favorite dining hall food.

What has been your favorite program or event on campus so far? My favorite program or event on campus is the football games.

Where do you hope to be (or what do you hope to be doing) in 2023? I hope to be working my own psychology clinic in 2023.

What is the best part about living in University Housing? The best part of living in campus housing is meeting new people.

Where do you get your best studying done? I get most of my studying done in the hub lounge on my floor.

Why did you get involved with your community? I got involved with my community because I believe that a community that communicates is good for building connections.

Favorite quote? My Favorite quote is, “Maturity is achieved when a person accepts life as full of tension.” -Joshua Liebman

Interested in being our next featured leader? Contact your Hall Director/adviser for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment