Friday, January 17, 2014

Meet the RAs! - Jacob Rose

SIU Residence Life has some great things going on, and we want to showcase some of our proud moments on our blog. We also hope people considering working in RA, graduate assistant, or full-time positions with our department will take a minute to learn more about the things we are doing. More information about our department, including position descriptions, application information, and graduate and full-time staff profiles can be found on our recruitment website.

As we recruit new Resident Assistants for the 2014-2015 year, we wanted to introduce a few of the talented individuals currently on our team. This profile features Jacob Rose, RA in the Wall & Grand Apartments.


1. What's your name? Jacob Rose

2. Where are you from? Highland, IL

3. What's your major? Architecture and History

4. What is the best program or event you've been to on campus? Walk a Mile in Her Shoes! I have to be biased for it, I love it!

5. What's the last book you read for fun? The Swan King: Ludwig II of Bavaria

6. What is your favorite thing about being an RA? What I like about being an RA is the camaraderie that is formed between fellow Housing Staff Members. I also love to meet my fellow classmates through the job.


7. How else are you involved at SIU? I am involved in a variety of different organizations, I am very proud of my service to IFC (Interfraternity Council). 8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? I hope to have an Internship by the time I graduate, more particularly with a firm close to were I study for graduate school or were I live. After I graduate from SIU, I am going to attend Graduate School to pursue a master's degree in Architecture. I am considering many schools to continue my education, this can include our SIU, Ball State University, and Washington University in St. Louis. After I receive my degree, I am going to be a liscensed architect and have a full time job with a firm. I hope to work for HOK in St. Louis, a well known firm. After that I hope to open my own practice. During this time, I hope to be married and have a family. Help achieve their dreams. I also want to be involved in the St. Louis Beta Theta Pi Alumni Club, and possibly my home chapter in Carbondale. I also hope to become more involved with the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War and Sons of the American Revolution.

9. What is your favorite quote? "God is in the details." - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

10. What do you do to unwind when you're feeling stressed? I love to listen to classical music, such as Richard Wagner, or Johann Bach. You can thank my dad for my love of that. Along with that, I also love to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment