Monday, July 14, 2014

Welcome to the team - Elina Savoie!

SIU Residence Life has some great things going on, and we want to showcase some of our proud moments on our blog. We also hope people considering working in RA, graduate assistant, or full-time positions with our department will take a minute to learn more about the things we are doing. More information about our department, including position descriptions, application information, and graduate and full-time staff profiles can be found on our recruitment website.

This post was written by Elina Savoie. Elina is a new Hall Director this year, and will be working in West Campus.

Over the past few weeks, the Residence Life Senior Staff has been in Hall Director training and it was a great way to jump into being a member of the team!

After deciding Southern Illinois University was the place for me, my spring really picked up speed knowing my move to Carbondale would soon follow. I enjoyed my June off at my parents’ house and did a good amount of traveling before moving all of my belongings to Carbondale. I cannot put into words how welcoming the staff, students, and community have been to me even over the short few weeks I have been at SIU. I have gotten to participate in many community events so far, such as Sunset Concerts, a great 4th of July trip to St. Louis, Campus Lake, exploring shopping/campus, and the Campus Rec! I even bought a new bike to enjoy some more time outdoors.

Training went full speed from day 1 which has allowed me to not just sit and listen to how Residence Life at SIU operates, but to start providing my input. Learning with and from such a strong team has truly been the most exciting part for me and I cannot wait to see what this year holds! Stop into my office in Lentz to say hi and checkout my rubber duck collection (and ask to change them out)!


No comments:

Post a Comment