Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Meet the RAs! - Andrea Chairse

SIU Residence Life has some outstanding Resident Assistants, and we want to show our appreciation by featuring them on our blog. We also hope people who are considering applying for the RA position will take a minute to check out the people who could be their future co-workers! Look for new RA profiles to be posted regularly as we continue this feature!


1.  What’s your name?  My name is Andrea Chairse.
2.  Where are you from?  I am from Bellwood, IL, which is a western suburb outside of Chicago, IL.
3.  What’s your major?  I double major in Paralegal Studies and Criminology and Criminal Justice with a minor in Political Science.
4.  What is your favorite dining hall food?  My favorite dining hall foods are the baked sweet potatoes, the French fries and anything else that is considered a carb.
5.  Where is your favorite place to go off-campus?  My favorite place to go on campus is the library. It is always very quiet there and the staff is very helpful. 
6.  Where do you see yourself in 10 years?  In ten years, I will be a practicing attorney at a Sports and Entertainment firm. I plan to be happy and married living in an undetermined location. I furthermore see myself as doing some pro-bono work as a juvenile defense public defender.
7.  What do you like about being an RA?  What I like the most about being an RA is the feeling of knowing that my advice and words make a difference in a student’s life. I also, love the fact that I get to hold programs for my residents, in which they can benefit from in the long run. Moreover, I enjoy being the community leader that has the ability to get the students involved. 
8.  Favorite quote?  My favorite quote is by Lewis Cass and it states “People may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do”.
9.  Best study spot on campus?  The best study spot on campus, in my opinion, is any area with wireless Internet connection and very quiet.
10.  How else are you involved at SIU (besides being an RA)?   Besides being an RA, I am actively involved on campus. I am the programming chair for African Student Council; A Mentor for Padrinos, which is through the Hispanic Resource Center; The President of the Organization for Paralegal Students, and the Vice President of Professional Development for Alpha Kappa Psi Fraternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment