Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Meet the RAs! - Lauren Kyriazes

SIU Residence Life has some outstanding Resident Assistants, and we want to show our appreciation by featuring them on our blog. We also hope people who are considering applying for the RA position will take a minute to check out the people who could be their future co-workers! Look for new RA profiles to be posted regularly as we continue this feature!



  1. What’s your name? Lauren Kyriazes
  2. Where are you from? North West Suburbs of Chicago, IL
  3. What’s your major? Undergrad = Psychology with a minor on Rehabilitation Services. Graduate Program = Rehabilitation Counseling
  4. What is your favorite dining hall food? Mac n Cheese or Nacho Cheese Ravioli
  5. Where is your favorite place to go off-campus? Walmart or movies
  6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? As the main on-staff Rehabilitation Counselor for drug and alcohol rehab
  7. What do you like about being an RA? I have met so many amazing people that I can see will be friends with for a long time! I have matured and grown from this job. Learning more about myself and others on a daily basis. It is a fun and demanding job, yet it never gets old. There is something new to learn each day, and there is always something interesting happening. I love to be able to see my residents grow and become adults.
  8. Favorite quote? "Live with no regrets"
  9. Best study spot on campus? my room :-) 
  10. How else are you involved at SIU (besides being an RA)? I try to volunteer if possible, and help out other parts of campus when I have free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment