Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Meet the RAs! - Brian Moreno

SIU Residence Life has some great things going on, and we want to showcase some of our proud moments on our blog. We also hope people considering working in RA, graduate assistant, or full-time positions with our department will take a minute to learn more about the things we are doing. More information about our department, including position descriptions, application information, and graduate and full-time staff profiles can be found on our recruitment website.

As we recruit new Resident Assistants for the 2014-2015 year, we wanted to introduce a few of the talented individuals currently on our team. This profile features Brian Moreno, RA in Pierce Hall.

  1. What's your name? Brian Moreno 
  2. Where are you from? Cicero, IL 
  3. What's your major? Civil Engineering, specializing in Structural Engineering 
  4. What is the best program or event you've been to on campus? I would have to say that the best program/event that I have been to on campus is the Dawg's Nite Out events. I have been going to them since my very first semester here at SIU, and I continue to take my residents over to this event. 
  5. What was the last book you read for fun? The House of Hades by Rick Riordan
  6. What is your favorite thing about being an RA? Getting to meet a lot of new people every year, and having been able to gain all this leadership experience which will help me out in the professional world. 
  7. How else are you involved at SIU? Aside from being an RA, I am also a member of the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers and Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society. 
  8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? In 10 years I see myself being a licensed Professional/Structural Engineer working at a company in downtown Chicago, and participating in marathons and triathlons across the country. 
  9. Favorite quote? My favorite quote is, "Some running is good, more is better, and too much is just enough."
  10. What do you do to unwind when you're feeling stressed? To unwind when I am feeling stressed I like to go out for a run, go to the gym to work out/swim, or just sit down and read a book.
Interested in the Resident Assistant position? Apply today! http://www.housing.siu.edu/positions/resident-assistant

Are you an RA and would like to be featured? Talk to your Hall Director about submitting your profile information.

No comments:

Post a Comment