Sunday, February 9, 2014

Meet the RAs! - Michelle Sanchez

SIU Residence Life has some great things going on, and we want to showcase some of our proud moments on our blog. We also hope people considering working in RA, graduate assistant, or full-time positions with our department will take a minute to learn more about the things we are doing. More information about our department, including position descriptions, application information, and graduate and full-time staff profiles can be found on our recruitment website.

As we recruit new Resident Assistants for the 2014-2015 year, we wanted to introduce a few of the talented individuals currently on our team. This profile features Michelle Sanchez, RA in Bowyer Hall!

Michelle (far left) with a group at Dawgs Nite Out
























My name is Michelle Sanchez.

I'm from Waukegan; it's thirty minutes south of the Wisconsin border.

My major is English.

Dawg's Nite Out is one of the largest, most entertaining, and free on-campus events I have ever attended.

Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynne Truss is the last book I read for fun.

One of my favorite things about being an RA is learning something new--whether it's about my peers or about the school.

In addition to being an RA, I am also a tutor at the Writing Center.

In ten years, I'd like to be living in the Upper Midwest, hopefully sharing my knowledge with others.

My favorite quotation is: "It is neither wealth nor splendor, but tranquility and occupation which give you happiness."--Thomas Jefferson.

I like to watch French movies when I'm feeling stressed.

Are you an RA and would like to be featured? Talk to your Hall Director about submitting your profile information.

No comments:

Post a Comment