Friday, February 7, 2014

Meet the RAs! - Ryan Davis

SIU Residence Life has some great things going on, and we want to showcase some of our proud moments on our blog. We also hope people considering working in RA, graduate assistant, or full-time positions with our department will take a minute to learn more about the things we are doing. More information about our department, including position descriptions, application information, and graduate and full-time staff profiles can be found on our recruitment website.

As we recruit new Resident Assistants for the 2014-2015 year, we wanted to introduce a few of the talented individuals currently on our team. This profile features Ryan Davis, RA in Neely Hall!

1. What’s your name? Ryan Davis

2. Where are you from? Havana, IL

3. What’s your major? Criminal Justice
4. What is the best program or event you’ve been to on campus? My RA last year put on a game day with a cookout during the spring which I really enjoyed. We did Minute to Win It type games.

5. What was the last book you read for fun? The Bible

6. What is your favorite thing about being an RA? My favorite thing about being an RA is knowing you can help your residents make friendships that will last their whole lives through putting on interactive programs. I also enjoy just the casual environment I have with my floor.


7. How else are you involved at SIU (in addition to being an RA)? In addition to being an R.A, I am also in the Air Force ROTC program, member of the Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society, involved with my church, and involved with intramural sports.

8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? In ten years I see myself as a County Sheriff, happily married, and actively volunteering in my community.

9. What is your favorite quote? I have many but the two I love the most are "Failure is not falling down, but refusing to get up" - Robert Schuller and "For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted (Luke 14:11)"

10. What do you do to unwind when you’re feeling stressed? When I am feeling stressed I love going to the REC to play basketball or run. It is a great way to get your mind off things and unwind after a long hard day.

Interested in the Resident Assistant position? Apply today! http://www.housing.siu.edu/positions/resident-assistant

Are you an RA and would like to be featured? Talk to your Hall Director about submitting your profile information.

No comments:

Post a Comment