Thursday, January 24, 2013

Meet the RAs! - Jacob Rose

SIU Residence Life has some outstanding Resident Assistants, and we want to show our appreciation by featuring them on our blog. We also hope people who are considering applying for the RA position will take a minute to check out the people who could be their future co-workers! Look for new RA profiles to be posted regularly as we continue this feature!


1.  What's your name?  Jacob Rose
2.  Where are you from?  Highland, IL
3.  What's your major?  Architecture and History
4.  What is your favorite dining hall food?  Molten Chocolate Cake (The cake that we ate during PRAM) **Editor's note - PRAM is the final event of spring RA training and is a way to recognize the hard work the RAs do throughout the year...kind of like prom, but for the RAs (pRAm) :)
5.  Where is your favorite place to go off-campus?  Giant City Lodge
6.  Where do you see yourself in 10 years?  I hope to have an internship by the time I graduate, more particularly an internship with Korte, a company back where I live in Highland, IL. After I graduate, I plan on attending graduate school to pursue a master’s degree in Architecture. I hope to pursue my master’s at Washington University in St. Louis. After I receive my degree, I plan on becoming a licensed architect, and having a full time job with Korte. After working with Korte for a while, I hope to work for HOK in St. Louis, which is a better known architectural firm. After which I might open my own practice for a while. While I am working, I plan on becoming involved with the St. Louis Beta Theta Pi Club (Beta Alumni Organization) and possibly the chapter in Carbondale. I also hope to become more involved with Sons of Union Veterans of the American Civil War, and Sons of the American Revolution as well.
7. What do you like about being an RA?  What I like about being an RA is the camaraderie that is formed between fellow Housing Staff members.
8.  Favorite quote?  "People may die, Nations may rise and fall, but an Idea lives on." - John F. Kennedy
9. Best study spot on campus?  Morris Library, 5th Floor, South Side tables
10.  How else are you involved at SIU (besides being an RA)?  I am involved in a variety of different organizations:

1 comment: