Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Meet the RAs! - Jamaal Moore

SIU Residence Life has some great things going on, and we want to showcase some of our proud moments on our blog. We also hope people considering working in RA, graduate assistant, or full-time positions with our department will take a minute to learn more about the things we are doing. More information about our department, including position descriptions, application information, and graduate and full-time staff profiles can be found on our recruitment website.

As we recruit new Resident Assistants for the 2014-2015 year, we wanted to introduce a few of the talented individuals currently on our team. This profile features Jamaal Moore, RA in University Hall.


1. What's your name? Jamaal Moore


2. Where are you from? I am from Cahokia, Illinois 


3. What's your major? My Major is Rehabilitation Services


4. What is the best program or event you've been to on campus? The best program/ event that I have been to on campus would have to be The Schneider/U-Hall Fright Night Haunted House.


5. What was the last book you read for fun? The last book that I read for fun would be The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold.


6. What is your favorite thing about being an RA? My favorite thing about being a Resident Assistant is being able to be around all of the residents and building a relationship with everyone on campus. I love meeting new people and this position has allowed me to that.


7. How else are you involved at SIU? I am involved on campus by attending the RHA events with my residents and I plan on joining S.T.A.R.S and Voices of Inspiration. S.T.A.R.S stands for Students Together Advocating for Rehabilitation Services and it's an RSO here on campus that goes great with my major and Voices of Inspiration is a gospel choir because I love singing.

8. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? I see myself working in a rehabilitation center as a counselor helping people who are addicted or abusing drugs and alcohol.

9. What is your favorite quote? My favorite quote is "You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth." By William W. Purkey

10. What do you do to unwind when you're feeling stressed? When I am feeling stressed, I listen to music and sing because that always makes me feel good. Singing is something that I was given as a gift, so why not use it to make myself and others feel better.


Interested in the Resident Assistant position? Apply today! http://www.housing.siu.edu/positions/resident-assistant

Are you an RA and would like to be featured? Talk to your Hall Director about submitting your profile information.

No comments:

Post a Comment